complain against sb. about sth.投诉......
put up with / bear / tolerate忍受
out of one’s expectation令某人大失所望
look into / go into / investigate调查
incident / matter 事件
bad manners 不礼貌
1) I am writing to you to complain about ...
2) I am writing to express my dissatisfaction with...
3) There are some problems with the flat that I wish to bring to attention. For one thing, there is…For another,...
4) I can hardly bear /tolerate /put up with it any more.
5) I hope that the authorities concerned will consider my suggestions and improve the situation as best as they can.
6)I sincerely hope that it will review its management system, with the view to providing, better service to the public.
7) We trust that you will now consider this matter seriously and make an effort to prevent the recurrence of this kind.
8) We will appreciate your willingness to make up for the loss.
inquire about 咨询
regarding, concerning 关于
provide sb with sth 提供
inform. sb. of sth.通知某人某事
look forward to (doing) sth.盼望...
prompt / immediate 及时的
take into account of sth. / take sth. into account 考虑到...
essential / necessary必要的
grateful / obliged 感激的
be concerned about... 对...关心
1) I would like to obtain some information about…
2) I would like some detailed information on / about...
3) I am an overseas student who lives /studies in...
4) I am writing to you in the hope that I may obtain...
5) I wonder if there is a tennis club available.
6) I would be much obliged to you if you could let me know the procedures I have to go through.
7) Your prompt and favorable attention to my inquiry would be highly appreciated.
8) I am looking forward to a favorable reply at your earliest convenience.
convey / express one’s appreciation表示感激
1) I take this opportunity to express to you my deep appreciation for the kind assistance you rendered me.
2) I wish there were a better word than “thanks” to express my appreciation for you generous help.
3) My appreciation to you for your generous help is beyond words. I wish I could repay it one day.
4) Please accept my most cordial thanks for your timely help, which I will always remember.
5) Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your kind help.
apologize to sb. for sth. 因为...向某人道歉
make an apology 道歉
make up for it 弥补
shoulder the responsibility 承担责任
1) I am awfully/terribly sorry for what I have done.
2) I feel very guilty for what I have done to you.
3) I am afraid what I have done has caused many inconveniences to you.
4) I regret to inform. you that I am unable to do…
5) Please accept my most cordial and humblest apologies for…once more.
6) I will try my utmost not to make such a stupid mistake again.
7) I am so sorry to have put you to so much trouble
Job Application Letter
a solid theory foundation坚实的理论基础
an intimate knowledge of熟练的知识
be available for an interview可以参加面试
be qualified for有资格
have a good command of对掌握熟练
meet the requirements满足要求
1) I have read your advertisement in Jinan Daily for a position of a sales engineer.
2) I wish to apply for the position of…which you advertised in yesterday’s Jinan Daily.
3) I am very interested in exploring the possibility of obtaining a position as a sales engineer with your company.
4) I read with interest your advertisement which appeared in…and would like to take up the challenge as a… with your firm.
5) After completing my four-year course at…university in 1991, I was employed by ABC company as a…
6) I believe I am well prepared, both psychologically and academically, for the post.
7) I believe I have the appropriate qualifications and experience for this post, and therefore, here I am enclosing my curriculum vitae.
8) Upon graduation, I first worked as…The following job was..., and currently I am working for...
9) I am available for an interview every afternoon. Please contact me at…
10) I hope that after reviewing my enclosed resume you will kindly give me an interview so that I can elaborate on my studies and working experience.
11) I hope you would consider my application favorably and grant me an interview.
12) With the kind of experience I have accumulated, I would expect a salary of not less than…
pursue / pursuit 追求
enjoy worldwide fame 享有世界声望
further study 进修
fine tradition of scholarship 良好的学术传统
graduate program 研究生课程
long-cherished desire 珍藏已久的梦想
1) I am deeply interested in your graduate program in the Dept. of …and plan to apply for admission for the fall of 2000.
2) I am writing to request admission into the Dept. of…at your University for the spring semester of 2000. It is my long-cherished desire to pursue study of Computer Science at a university inCanada.
3) I would greatly appreciate it if you would forward the necessary materials and relevant information at your earliest convenience.
4) If you need any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact me.
5) Your university is a well staffed and well-equipped institute with a long history and a fine tradition of scholarship, enjoying a worldwide fame I will certainly feel greatly honored if I am fortunate enough to be admitted into it.
6) Would you please let me know the procedures for admission at your earliest convenience?
7) I am writing to inquire about the possibility of being accepted as a graduate student in your university upon my graduation.
8) I wish to pursue my Master’s degree in your university.
来源 : 网络 2019-11-15 16:51:00 关键字 : 雅思初级词汇,雅思词汇
来源 : 网络 2019-11-15 16:51:00 关键字 : 雅思经济词汇,雅思词汇
来源 : 网络 2019-11-15 16:51:00 关键字 : 雅思常考词汇,雅思词汇
来源 : 网络 2019-11-15 16:51:00 关键字 : 雅思口语高分词汇,雅思口语词汇
来源 : 网络 2019-11-15 16:51:00 关键字 : 雅思阅读高频词汇表,雅思词汇