You use would when you are saying what someone believed, hoped, or expected to happen or be the case.
No one believed the soldiers stationed at the border would actually open fire.
没人相信驻扎在边境的士兵们会真的开火。
Would he always be like this?
他会总这样吗?
You use would when saying what someone intended to do.
The statement added that although there were a number of differing views, these would be discussed by both sides.
该声明补充说,尽管双方观点存在不少分歧,但他们将对此进行讨论。
You use would when you are referring to the result or effect of a possible situation.
Ordinarily it would be fun to be taken to fabulous restaurants.
一般来说,跟别人去豪华餐馆吃饭会是件乐事。
It would be wrong to suggest that police officers were not annoyed by acts of indecency.
要是认为警官对粗鄙行为不气不恼,那可就错了。
You use would, or would have with a past participle, to indicate that you are assuming or guessing that something is true, because you have good reasons for thinking it.
You wouldn't know him.
你一定不认识他。
His fans would already be familiar with Caroline.
他的崇拜者们一定已熟悉卡罗琳。
You use would in the main clause of some 'if' and 'unless' sentences to indicate something you consider to be fairly unlikely to happen.
If only I could get some sleep, I would be able to cope.
要是我能睡一会儿,就可以应付。
You use would to say that someone was willing to do something. You use would not to indicate that they refused to do something.
They said they would give the police their full cooperation.
他们说他们愿意与警方通力合作。
He wouldn't say where he had picked up the information.
他不愿意说出他是从哪里得到这个消息的。
You use would not to indicate that something did not happen, often in spite of a lot of effort.
He kicked, pushed, and hurled his shoulder at the door. It wouldn't open.
他又踢又推,还用肩膀撞门。门就是不开。
You use would, especially with 'like', 'love', and 'wish', when saying that someone wants to do or have a particular thing or wants a particular thing to happen.
She asked me what I would like to do and mentioned a particular job.
她问我想做什么,而且提到了一份特别的工作。
Ideally, she would love to become pregnant again.
按理想状况来说,她想再次怀上孩子。
You use would with 'if' clauses in questions when you are asking for permission to do something.
Do you think it would be all right if I smoked?
我可以吸烟吗?
You use would, usually in questions with 'like', when you are making a polite offer or invitation.
Would you like a drink?
你想喝一杯吗?
Would you like to stay?
你想留下来吗?
You use would, usually in questions, when you are politely asking someone to do something.
Would you do me a favour and get rid of this letter I've just received?
你能帮我个忙把我刚收到的这封信处理掉吗?
Would you come in here a moment, please?
能请你进来待一会吗?
You say that someone would do something when it is typical of them and you are critical of it. You emphasize the word would when you use it in this way.
Well, you would say that: you're a man.
你是个男人,你当然会这么说。
You use would, or sometimes would have with a past participle, when you are expressing your opinion about something or seeing if people agree with you, especially when you are uncertain about what you are saying.
I think you'd agree he's a very respected columnist.
我想你会承认他是个十分受人尊敬的专栏作家。
I would have thought he was too old to do that job.
我可能会认为他年纪太大不适合做那份工作。
You use I would when you are giving someone advice in an informal way.
If I were you I would simply ring your friend's doorbell and ask for your bike back.
如果我是你,我会直接去按你朋友的门铃,要回自己的自行车。
You use you would in negative sentences with verbs such as 'guess' and 'know' when you want to say that something is not obvious, especially something surprising.
Chris is so full of artistic temperament you'd never think she was the daughter of a banker.
克里丝极富艺术家的气质,你绝不会想到她是一位银行家的女儿。
You use would have with a past participle when you are saying what was likely to have happened by a particular time.
Within ten weeks of the introduction, 34 million people would have been reached by our television commercials.
在推出10周之内,可能会有3400万人看到我们的电视广告。
You use would have with a past participle when you are referring to the result or effect of a possible event in the past.
My daughter would have been 17 this week if she had lived.
我的女儿如果还活着,这个星期就满17岁了。
If you say that someone would have liked or preferred something, you mean that they wanted to do it or have it but were unable to.
I would have liked a life in politics.
我本想从政的。